Tuesday, September 13, 2011

"Stuff" it

Stuff, stuff, stuff.  I have it everywhere!  I've set a few goals for myself to better serve my family and make my home a happier, cleaner, and more peaceful place (that post will be coming soon).  For now, here is the goal I've been tackling for the past week.  I have decided to throw out at least 5 items from my home everyday.  Of course, if it is useful to someone else, I will donate it, but I am talking about items that no one else would even want.  Here is a non-comprehensive list of scraps I have unloaded:

a half-used Mary Kay lipstick sample
an expired tube of Neosporin
a year-old sample packet of face cream
several empty cassette tape cases whose tapes were long gone
our old chore cards
a pair of shoes from an outlet that consisted of two left shoes...seriously why did I keep those?!
12 pairs of shoes that I had not worn in over a year
17 food storage container lids and 3 food storage containers, none of which had mates
2 infant finger food containers
A small mountain of papers



This has taken, literally minutes, maybe seconds daily.  I have almost begun to look forward to it.  It's freeing to get rid of these unnecessary jumbles.  This is not a new revelation to me.  It is, again, just breaking down into its components, or bites, if you will, to make it more manageable and being diligent, first to actually throw those 5+ items in the can daily and, to not allow new disarray back in, but that, my friends is an entirely different goal!

No comments:

Post a Comment