Sunday, October 23, 2011

Get ready!!

It is that time of year.  Any of you who have known me for any length of time know that the month of November has become "Eat What You Have" month at our house.  It is the month when I only go to the grocery for things like milk, eggs, and fresh fruits & veggies.  I will also buy a turkey or two when they get under 50 cents a pound (who can pass that up!?).  You can then use your excess grocery budget to add to Christmas this year, fund a special project, pad your savings, or pay down your debt!  I'll be posting what we have daily.  I think it would be fun if some of you would, as well.  So, scan your shelves, pantries, fridges, and freezers!  Join me in the 3rd annual "Eat What You Have" month.

4 comments:

  1. You know, I think I'll go through my stores and see if I can play along, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray! One taker. Anyone else game?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ummm, I'd love too- but my cabinets are already BARE! Dang! I remember when you did that last year and I thought it was a great idea. We're moving soon, so maybe next November!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm doing it with you Jennifer! But I have to admit that I recently went to sam's club and got some things, so with that, our freezer full of meat, and the few things we have in our pantry/fridge/freezer I'm going to do it! I'm also trying to get my husband on board with a no-spend november, where the only other purchases we have are our usual bills and gasoline. I've done all of my shopping (minus the grandparents) for Christmas and anything else can be pushed back to december! Hoorah! I've got $65 for the month to buy milk, eggs, fruits, and veggies (at least, if I feel like veggies ;) I'll put something up at my blog (bringingachildhome.wordpress.com; this is really just my ramblings or my sad attempts to get organized...)

    ReplyDelete