Thursday, February 23, 2012

Sicko smoothies

OK, so Julius was vomiting yesterday and last night and had diarrhea this morning. (He'll be SO glad I posted that to my blog when he's a teen!) Things seemed to slow down this morning and he held down some cheerios - sans milk, so, at the suggestion of my clever husband, I made some Sicko Smoothies for the lot of us. I am a big proponent of probiotics.  Their expense is worth it and I prefer Culturelle. It seems to have more active cultures than the others.  Here is my recipe:

Ingredients:
16oz Greek yogurt
3 VERY ripe bananas
1 Tbsp vanilla
1/2 c uncooked oats
1 tray of ice cubes
The contents of 3 Culturelle capsules
sweetener to taste, if desired

Place all of the items in a blender and blend on high until smooth. Makes 4 10oz smoothies


No comments:

Post a Comment