Monday, December 5, 2011

Eat What You Have Days 26-30

Day 26 - We had yet another Thanksgiving dinner on the 26th!

Day 27 - This would have been our monthly Fellowship Meal at church, but, with everybody getting over their coughs, we decided to go ahead and keep our funk to ourselves and eat the food we would ahve prepared at home.  We had Baked Penne.  Basically, I layer pasta, sauce with crumbled Italian sausage, and mozzarella cheese and bake for 30 or so minutes at 375 degrees.

Day 28 - Slow-cooked Tex-Mex Chicken and Beans  I omit the chilies in adobo.  In my opinion, their flavor is a bit overwhelming and they are messy!


Day 29 - Leftover night

Day 30 - Seriously, I've looked over my menu, and I CAN NOT, for the life of me, remember what we had this night.  Way to go out with a bang, huh?

We are semi-continuing the Eat What You Have challenge.  Basically, I am keeping a list of all the meats and pantry items that I have, making my menu from that, and getting creative with ingredients.  I did make my monthly Sam's trip for toilet paper, pasta, juice, fruit, staples, and things of that sort.  Beyond that, I've set a goal of spend less than 50% of our grocery budget for this month.  I'll let you know how we've fared at the end of the month!

No comments:

Post a Comment