Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Mucky, messy boy fun

There are days when I wonder if I have lost my mind and this was one of them.  We have a book of Kid's Concoctions and they requested that we make what they call "Magic Muck."  I'm not sure what came over me, but I agreed.  By the time they were done, there was muck everywhere.  And, for those of you who have small boys, you know that this is, by no means, an exaggeration.  Here are the photos.


Now, really, the sweet smile on the face in that 1st picture explains exactly why I allowed them to do this.  And, really, this stuff is pretty awesome, messes aside.  It changes from a liquid to a solid and back again.  You can pick it up in your hand and squeeze it and it feels like a hard ball, but if you open your hand, it "melts" back into a liquid.  If you poke at the liquid, you can see it become hard and crumbly.  I'll admit it :  I played with it myself for a bit before tossing it.  Here is the recipe:

Add 3/4 cup cornstarch to 1/3 cup water (colored w/ a few drops of food coloring, if you'd like, but it will stain hands), but DO NOT stir.  Allow the cornstarch to sit in the water for about 2 minutes, then let the fun begin! 

No comments:

Post a Comment