Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Task 7 - Make your own cleaners

When I first began really evaluating our grocery budget, cleaners were one of those things that were either taking way too big a chunk of the pie or I felt like we're only affordable if I were chasing coupons and playing the drug store "game". I decided to start looking into homemade cleaners. Pinterest has made this SO much easier! I now make all of my own cleaners except dish soap and dishwasher tabs. I just have yet to come a across recipes for those that I'm satisfied with.
Another huge bonus to making your own cleaners, as if saving lots of money weren't enough, is that you are eliminating so many harmful chemicals from your home. Win, win!
Below are the links to my favorite cleaner recipes. Enjoy!

All-purpose cleaner - I use this one all the time, even on my hardwood floors!

Cleaning wipes

Shower & tub cleaner - Shameless, I know, to link to my own blog on a blog post, but I have yet to see anyone else use anything but the original recipe with only Dawn detergent. That just seems wasteful to me.

Citrus cleaner - This one not only uses up kitchen scraps that would otherwise end up in the trash, it works wonders on grease!

Glass cleaner

Laundry detergent - I often substitute the less expensive Sun Oxy powder in this one. Putting the bar soap in the microwave revolutionized my detergent making! Just be prepared to give the microwave a once over with some vinegar or it will smell like soap for a week!

You can save literally hundreds of dollars annually by making your own cleaners. Try some out and watch your grocery bill dwindle!

No comments:

Post a Comment