Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Eat What You Have - Days 12 - 16

Alright, we are halfway there and, honestly, and don't hold me to this, I'm thinking about spilling this little experiment over into December. Apparently I was stocked a bit better than even I was aware!  As December approaches, I'll let you know my final decision.

Day 12 - Schnitzel with noodles!  I'm venturing you just heard one of two things in your head just now 1. an oompah band or 2. Fraulein Maria singing "Favorite Things."  I tend toward the latter.  As a matter of fact, I was whistling the song while cooking the meal.  Schnitzel is, basically, a meat cutlet (we used boneless pork), pounded thin, dipped in egg, then breaded and fried.  I bread mine in a mixture of bread crumbs with salt, garlic powder, pepper, and dried parsley.  They are typically served with egg noodles or spaetzle.  I threw in some lima beans for good measure.

photo

Day 13 - Our Sunday "Eating Out" day

Day 14 - This was brilliant and I can not take credit.  All credit goes to my children and husband here.  The kids asked for spaghetti, though it wasn't on the menu.  I had the ingredients on hand and was willing to make it - without the meat, since it was unplanned.  My husband wanted meat and suggested we use the leftover schnitzel and make Pork Parmesan!  It was so beautiful that I took a picture.

They ate every bite.

Day 15 - My mom had all of the little guys, so we decided to have a cereal night...

Day 16 - Tonight we will be having Thai Lemon Beef. A favorite in the Hodges house!
Thai Lemon Beef Recipeenlarge
Photo: J. Savage Gibson; Styling: Trinda Gage


No comments:

Post a Comment