Friday, November 25, 2011

Eat What You Have - Days 17-25

It's been over a week now and I'm sitting here wishing I had written all of this out sooner.  I'm sure I'll forget something.  I hope you can forgive me.

Day 17 - Baked Tomato Casserole I did not, in fact, have any mac and cheese reserved, but I went ahead and made some myself.  For those fans of the boxed stuff, because It's "easier" try making it from scratch once and I promise you the difference in flavor is worth the extra few minutes.  I also doubled the recipe and had plenty of leftovers.

Day 18 - Spiral sliced ham, mashed potatoes, Mediterranean-style green beans, and homemade bread.  For the green beans, saute 1/2 diced onion in 1 Tbsp of olive oil.  Add 1 14.5oz can diced tomatoes, 2 cans cut green beans, 2 tsp dried basil,  1-2 cloves minced garlic, and salt & pepper to taste.  Cook until heated through.

Day 19 - Leftovers

Day 20 - Sunday "Eating Out" Day

Day 21 - Date Night - woo hoo!

Day 22 -  Another leftover night

Day 23 - Ham & egg scramblers with potatoes and cheese - peel, cube, boil, and drain 1lb. of potatoes; Heat 1 Tbsp oil on med-high in a large skillet, add potatoes and cook until golden brown.  Add about 1/2lb. cubed or shredded ham and 1dz eggs, stirring to combine; Cook until eggs are cooked through, add 1 to 1 1/2c shredded cheese.  Add salt and pepper to taste.

Day 24  - Turkey and fixin's

Day 25 - Bruschetta chicken bake This is a great way to use up Thanksgiving leftovers!

1 comment:

  1. I have been using up things that have been in the pantry for too long. One day I took inventory of the freezer and pantry and made a meal plan. I had quinoa, bran, leftover pork, leftover rice and various other frozen leftovers that I have been using up. I have still had to grocery shop, but I am glad I am using up these things. The freezer is looking better.

    ReplyDelete